Last updated: June 12, 2016.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Rao-IT.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future for you, improving our products and services, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Rao-IT.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Rao-IT.com on other Web sites.
* Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Rao IT inc., or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
* E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Rao-IT.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us immediately.
* Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our information.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide recommendations, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., Rao IT Inc.’s Associates with content served by Rao-IT.com and associated Web sites using Rao IT inc.’s service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Rao-IT.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries or group entities that Rao IT Inc., controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, we operate and / or provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
* Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Rao-IT.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know immediately.
* Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Rao IT Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* Protection of Rao-IT.com and Others: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Rao-IT.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site might include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage full features available at Rao-IT.com
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us immediately.
* If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your browser preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Rao-IT.com?
Rao-IT.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use Rao-IT.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Does Rao-IT.com Participate in the Safe Harbor Program?
Rao-IT.com is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and (1) the European Union and (2) Switzerland, respectively. We adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and (1) the E.U. and (2) Switzerland, respectively. For more information about the Safe Harbor, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site.
In compliance with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, we endeavor to resolve all complaints about privacy and the collection or use of customer information. If you have questions about our participation in the Safe Harbor program or have a complaint, please notify us immediately.
Under the Safe Harbor program, any unresolved privacy complaints can be referred to an independent dispute resolution mechanism.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Rao-IT.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at Rao-IT.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you, including but not limited to, search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, communicate with customer service, communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; use our services, participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photographs; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary, Alexa Internet; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.